Friday, October 3, 2008

Almost 1 year later





Well it has been almost 1 year since the horrible experience that Roni had. I cannot believe it has already been that long since everything happened. The poor kid is doing so awsome with all of it now. He had kindof a hard time at first when he would walk home with his sister from school, or when he was at a friends house that had a big dog. We actually had him in counseling for a few months for it, but he was acting like it made it worse to always have to talk about it, so we decided to take a break from it for a bit. But for having half of his face basically bit off, he is doing so good, and we just hope that he will continue to be ok with dogs. What a horrible thing that a 6 year old had to deal with, dogs are not my favorite thing, even though we still have our two huge labs. This halloween is going to be so much better than last since he got out of the hospital ON Halloween. He got more candy than he would have ever been able to think about eating from all of his awsome friends.

5 comments:

Haskins said...

Oh my goodness how scary!! I would be so terified if that happend to me. YOur little boy is so brave! Oh poor thing!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Oh it is looking so good!!! Ronin is one tough boy!!!

Hotzebra said...

Jeez, I can't believe it's almost been a year already! Poor little Ronin. Halloween will be much better this year!! His scar looks so good too. It could've been SO much worse. I can't believe it looks so good after seeing the hole in his cheek before they sewed it up!

Molly said...

That is too bad that he had to have such a scary experience with a dog! Poor guy!

Unknown said...

From your Nana,
I would have posted sooner but I just found you here. Ronin, you are the bravest boy I know. I remember the emergency room and how long we had to wait and you just sat there so strong through the whole thing. You have always been such a sweet and loving boy to me and I could not love you anymore than I already do. You have great parents to love and take care of you. You may have a small scar but you are still the most handsome boy I know. You can always count on me for whatever you might need anytime in your life. I have been blessed to have you in my life.
Love you forever, Nana