Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Throwing Hay




Andy's Grandparents live on a ranch in Wallsburg, and every year he goes up to help them get the bails of hay off the field, put it on the trailer,and then unload it into the barn. Well this year he was supposed to go on a Saturday with his little bro Tanner while I was at the pool, but the hay ended up being to wet, so we ended up going on Sunday when Tanner wasn't able to go. Instead, Andy had ME helping him do it. We had to do 3 diffenent trips with 100 bails of hay each time. That makes 300 bails of hay. Which for some of you, if you have not done this before, that is alot of hay to throw with just you and your wussy wife. Which was fine, except that I am 23 weeks prego, and not much of help, so he was basically on his own. Of course, I cannot just stand there and let him do it all, so I just had to help him. But, of course, I did take it pretty easy, but I was so beat when I got home. I thought next time hay comes around, I think this time I really might be busy, even if it is on a Sunday! We always love helping out on the ranch,and it teaches our kids to work which is good!

0 comments: